NODES is building Europe’s most customer-centric, integrated energy marketplace to unlock the value of local flexible power resources and support the drive to a sustainable, emission free future.
As an independent market operator, we will operate local flexibility markets that are integrated with national ancillary service markets managed by system operators as well as integrating to intraday wholesale markets. NODES will facilitate optimal use of flexibility in the grid by offering an open, integrated marketplace.
Our innovative market design is addressing key trends and challenges in the energy system such as increased share of renewable power production, decentralised generation and the rapid change of the customer behaviour. NODES is currently being tested in projects across Europe. The headquarter is in Oslo.
Nord Pool, Europe’s leading power market, and the energy company Agder Energi are equal owners.
We are looking for tech-savvy, enthusiastic project manager(s) eager to drive and deliver multiple projects in the European energy sector.
As Project Manager, you are responsible to develop and perform coherent business development projects in order to deliver and establish our fully-fledged market platform solutions on-time, in full. You are reporting to Head of Project Management & Quality Assurance.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Manage our projects – drive world-class quality in the development and support of solutions delivery
- Responsible for liaising with the customers and involved stakeholders from order entry until the project finalisation
- Work directly with customers to understand business and technical needs, either in research- or NODES implementation projects
- Actively strive to optimise overall resource planning and to improve performance while acting to minimise risks during the full project lifecycle
- Influence decision making through active partnership with customers’ cross-functional, agile teams
- Plan critical path, monitor and control project activities
- Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for SaaS projects
Required qualification and skills
- University degree: minimum bachelor’s degree in economics or engineering
- Project management certificate; desirable commodity trading license
- 7+ years’ experience as a project manager or project engineer within the energy sector
- Must have a thorough knowledge and be familiar with state-of-the-art project management methodologies for lean and agile IT projects
- Expertise with modern, cutting-edge tools, technologies to build out business models for eco-systems
- Understands how to track and action on common PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Experience in dealing with cultural diversity
- Demonstrated negotiation skills in interaction with internal and external customers
- A pragmatic attitude, team spirit, and a creative, solution-oriented mindset
- Good commercial understanding and business development acumen
- Ability to assess, propose and implement solutions for rapid recovery of troubled or challenged projects
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of time
- Fluent in English; other European languages are an advantage
Place of work: Oslo (or one of our other subsidiaries)
Application deadline: 23.08.2019
Please submit your application to: email@example.com
For more information please contact our CEO, Enno Böttcher on +47 468 19 423