Senior Full-stack Developer
Would you like to be part of a team that changes how countries utilize the electrical grid? Would you like to work with the entire tech stack (.NET core, Kubernetes, Kafka and Angular) and learn new things? Join our exciting journey to shape the energy market of the future by creating a platform that will support the shift to a low-carbon economy!
We are looking for developers that enjoy working in an international environment with a powerful technology stack, complex functionality, scalable cloud solutions and innovative business models. Our ambition is to accelerate the energy transition by developing the future marketplace for local flexibility and energy trading. Not an easy task, but highly engaging and important.
How you can contribute to our bold ambitions
You will be exposed to new and exciting technologies as a DevOps Engineer in a start-up such as NODES. Our team is responsible for developing the entire platform solution, its functionalities front- and backend, and technical integration to other existing energy markets and third-party services. In line with the company’s growth, the complexity of our technology stack and customer requirements (e.g., stability, performance and security) will increase. This entails many exciting challenges, where you will have a great influence on how we develop a market platform for the future.
You will be part of a cross-functional and agile development team responsible for producing quality code, secure solutions and new functionality to solve actual market-driven challenges.
- Taking ownership of small and medium-sized tasks
- Designing and developing the system/platform together with team members
- Collaborating in an agile DevOps product team together with domain resources and customers to improve functionality
- Creative participation in innovation sprints focusing on technologies and new functionality for tomorrow’s challenges and solutions
- Supporting a smooth release process, with pipelines for testing and deploying new code in an automated way
- Ensuring reliable architectural principles with the team
- Platform security and monitoring
Your experience and competencies
We are looking for new colleagues with a learning attitude and forward-leaning problem solver mindset to join our engaged team of software developers and market experts.
Familiarity/expertise with some of the following technologies is an advantage (we do not expect you to know everything):
- .NET – REST APIs and services development
- Angular frontend development
- Kubernetes clusters
- Kafka, message brokers, and distributed master data synchronization
- Microservices architecture, container-based solutions (Docker or Service Fabric)
- Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies and services, including security technologies and Infrastructure as Code
- Responsive Design
Academic and work qualifications:
- Experience in DevOps projects using agile development processes
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related engineering fields
- Experience in developing full-stack web applications using Microsoft cloud technologies
- Fluency in English is a necessity and basic communication skills in one of the Scandinavian languages are preferred
We would prefer if you could join us at our offices in Oslo, at least initially. In the long run, the right candidate could be based elsewhere. Projects tend to be based in Scandinavia and the UK but also in other European and North American markets.
Who we are and why you should join NODES:
NODES is an impact-driven energy tech startup (backed by solid shareholders) that operates a marketplace where electricity networks, consumers and producers of energy trade local flexibility products. We operate markets in the UK, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, Germany, Poland and Canada. You will be joining us at a pivotal moment when both the firm and the energy industry are evolving fast. We are an international, positive and friendly team with a flat organisational structure.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Note that we only consider applications that include a CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should set out how you meet the requirements for the role and when you would be looking to start.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need your creativity and expertise to succeed in an evolving industry.