NODES is a Norwegian technology company which is paving the way for a more sustainable future. Our award winning market design and technology platform is helping speed up the energy transition by unlocking the value of flexibility within the electricity network. We use this technology and market design to operate flexibility markets as an Independent Market Operator.
The ideal candidate will be joining us at an exciting time in our history as we begin to scale the company in line with the regulatory changes and demand within the sector for the establishment of new markets.
As the UK Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for expanding our market offering in the UK. You will be responsible for engaging with grid operators, flexibility service providers, traders and asset owners in the UK Energy market. The goal is to establish new markets for trading flexibility within the UK, drive sustainable financial growth and forge strong relationships with clients, stakeholders and partners.
The UK Business Development Manager will report directly to the CEO. You will collaborate with Senior Management as well as internal and external stakeholders. You will also be required to contribute to the overall development of the company culture, vision and mission.
Whilst the role is home based there will be a requirement for an element of travel around the UK and abroad. We are ideally looking for a candidate who is passionate about the energy transition and is keen to be part of a company on a unique journey to disrupt how the energy markets are working today.
- Development and Execution on a sales strategy
- Build a pipeline, developing proposals, managing relationships with new and existing customers
- Stay up todate on the regulatory changes being under taken in the UK energy system
- Engage with various user groups and industry bodies
- Drive the growth of the company in the Uk and Ireland
- Promote the company’s products and services
- Use CRM to track and manage the sales cycle
- Attend conferences and seminars in the UK and abroad
- Lead on RFI and Tender responses
Required qualification and skills
- From time to time, you would be required to travel to Head office in Norway as well as to some European conferences.
- Experience in Sales and Business Development in Financial markets or UK energy sector
- Fluent in English (one other language a plus but not essential).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Vested interest in companies success and commitment to the team
- Self starter, with good time management and planning skills
- Minimum 3-5 yrs experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NODES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only Electronic submissions will be considered for employment.
Home based, ideally South, South East England.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Note that we only consider applications that include a CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should set out how you meet the requirements for the role and your motivation for applying.
Please send your application to email@example.com