NODES is building Europe’s most customer-centric, integrated energy marketplace, to unlock the value of local flexible power resources and support the drive to a sustainable, emission free future.
As an independent market operator, NODES will operate local flexibility markets, which are integrated with national ancillary service markets managed by system operators, as well as integrating to the intraday wholesale markets. NODES will facilitate the optimal use of flexibility in the grid by offering an open, integrated marketplace.
Our innovative market design is addressing key trends and challenges in the energy system, such as increased share of renewable power production, decentralized generation and the rapid change of the customer behavior. NODES is headquartered in Oslo, with subsidiaries in London and Berlin.
NODES is changing the way electricity is managed, as a major disruptor in the sector, we are seeking creative individuals who want to be at the cutting edge of innovation as we transition to a low carbon economy.
As a Business Development Manager, your role will be to help develop and drive the expansion of NODES across Europe. Your objective will be to drive sustainable financial growth through new sales and forging strong relationships with stakeholders and clients in your assigned geographic area. The successful candidate will need to have experience in the Electricity sector, ideally within trading, software, transmission or distribution network operations.
As Business Development Manager, you report to the Director of Marketing and Sales.
- Support and implement our European sales strategy with dedicated focus on targeted countries in the assigned region
- Sustain and improve our market position in the assigned region
- Achieve revenue growth targets in your area of responsibility
- Manage a dedicated portfolio of sales partners, customers, research centres, policy makers, and business stakeholders
- Responsible for sales performance and development of existing accounts and prospects
- Coordinate with internal project management and operations to provide customer-driven feedback and direction to build services and products that exceed customer needs
- Identify business opportunities with both new and existing customers, stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Work with customers to understand business needs and provide optimum service solutions
- Track and monitor overall customer performance to meet revenue targets
- Work with senior management in identifying business success factors and risks for new and existing clients.
- Direct customers during on-boarding process
- Manage contract renewals and perform contract and financial negotiations
- Maintain productive relationship with customers to meet or exceed client expectations
- Manage customers budgets and provide cost optimisation solutions
- Support customers and internal departments
- Take ownership of any tender processes, prepare and deliver customer presentations, case studies and proposals
Required qualification and skills
- University degree: minimum bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM systems, MS office and cloud-based ERPs
- Relevant work experience in international Marketing and Sales within the energy sector, preferably with demand response and flexibility markets
- Experience designing and implementing sales strategies and market analysis that drive effective engagement across Europe-wide sales teams and partners
- Understands how to track and action on common SaaS platforms, etc.
- Ideally experienced with electronic trading marketplaces; desirable with commodity trading
- Strategic and result-oriented, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- A pragmatic attitude and a creative, solution-oriented mindset
- Good commercial understanding and business acumen
- Excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and make senior/executive recommendations
- Substantial IT knowledge and analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Fluent in English. Other European languages required dependent on assigned region
Why joining NODES?
The right candidate will have the opportunity to join a dynamic organisation, which is challenging and changing the way Electricity is managed, at a pivotal moment in our European wide expansion. You will be joining a close nit team who are dedicated to ensuring impact the future success of this company . The right candidate is a confident with a positive personality and with strong work ethics, willing to contribute to the team.
Do you have what it takes?
Convince us by sending us your motivation letter and CV in English to email@example.com
In case you have any questions, please contact: Richard Sarti Tel: +47 905 71 371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of work: Flexible. Chief Marketing Officer is based in Norway, (Lysaker) where most of the team is located. We also have subsidiary in UK (London) and are about to set up a German subsidiary (Berlin or Hamburg)
Application deadline: Applications will be assess on an ongoing basis.